Sunday 27 May 2012

The Purpose of Blogs II

The name blog comes from a contraction of the words web and log. It is a personal diary made public. So maybe the definition will adapt as more professional writers see blogs as an opportunity to promote other websites. However my public log for today should include a note about You Tube. I managed to upload my first video today, with a little help from my brother and it can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iMmWw_2qU&feature=youtube_gdata

I am a member of two music groups. One is attached to More Music in Morecambe and we play traditional music which is similar to The Lancashire Miller as per the You Tube video. We meet on Monday evenings between 7pm and 9pm and learn a couple of songs each week. The second group is the Morecambe Ukulele Club which meets at the Trimpell Club in Morecambe on Saturday mornings between 10am and midday. Here we tend to take it in turns to lead a song. All styles are welcome but I have not heard many songs by George Formby.

I am sure both groups would welcome new members.

No comments:

Post a Comment