Thursday 7 February 2013

A&E closures are possible

This evening I was speaking to someone who had moved to Morecambe from Leigh. She told me that before she retired and moved here five years ago the A&E in Leigh had been closed, and guess what, nobody who lived in Leigh wanted it to be closed. They fought to keep it open but she felt that those who were making the decisions had not listened to the popular view.

I have heard of many local hospitals closing as they were obviously deemed as inefficient. I am also fairly sure that local people appreciated them and did not want them to close.  I have not heard of many A&Es closing but the mailonline mentions closures at Burnley, Rochdale and Chorley. Maybe Leigh was too long ago.

It should not be a surprise to anyone that A&E closures are possible.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment