Thursday 26 January 2012

Two-year-old Reporters

It takes some bravery to stand up in court and tell people that you cannot write a team sheet especially when you are a football manager. However Harry Redknapp said "I am completely and utterly disorganised. I write like a two-year-old and I can't spell." He is brave because he did not need to use this sort of argument in his defence on a charge of tax evasion because I seem to remember that ignorance is not a defence in a court of law. He could have just said that he forgot. Maybe he is hoping for a sympathetic jury but I don't think he will find sympathetic opposition fans on the terraces.

I believe he is brave for admitting his ignorance and his inability to take professional advice. He is also brave because his defence is admitting that he is foolish. This made me wonder how you get a job as a football manager without being able to write a team sheet and without any organisational skills. Mostly I wrote this blog because of the last sentence on the ITV report. Harry "had not been paid for a newspaper column that he wrote for 18 months" Is it any wonder? He writes like a two-year-old.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment