Saturday 1 September 2012

Political Photos from London

I have recently been to London for a couple of days and you can see some of the photos that I took at http://photographyfornovices.blogspot.co.uk/


I know that events are particularly painful for those involved and even for those who just see what is happening on television. It was surprising then to see the smiling faces on the left. The only serious aspect was a sign that read 'Assad Stop Killing Children'.





The view of the Palace of Westminster is a little different because there are only five people in the photo and one vehicle. Well it was early morning.





I also took a look at the crowds outside the Ecuadorian embassy. There were around 15 demonstrators and a similar number of police officers. I asked one officer if he (Assange) was still in there then. She replied "I certainly hope so". I did get a supplementary question as to why it was costing £50 000 per day in policing. She hadn't heard about this so I put forward that she hadn't noticed this type of figure in her payslip. I would guess that a lack of knowledge of policing costs is now the standard reply considering that it was a police officer who accidentally revealed plans to arrest him 'under any circumstances'.

Change the world


No comments:

Post a Comment