Saturday 2 March 2013

Tories still don't want to be in touch

Try this yourself. Search for my Conservative MP, David Morris's surgeries and then search for my neighbouring Liberal Democrat MP, Tim Farron's surgeries. If you don't have the time then I'll let you know that in the first case you will find three surgeries, on the 19th and 26th October and one on the 9th November. I just can't work out the year to which they relate. On Tim's site there are regular surgeries from now up to and including August - this year.

The reason I looked was because I am a follower of both MPs on Twitter and found that my MP would post tweets that told me that he had finished a surgery (so he doesn't just do them in autumn) like 'I have just been doing street surgeries in Morecambe and Carnforth today'. On the other hand I see tweets from Tim saying 'Can I help in any way? I am holding my next surgery at...No appointment is necessary'.

Compare this with Conservative MP Claire Perry's apology for giving the electorate information in the last blog. However I am convinced that David does advertise his surgeries somewhere, it's just not on Twitter. David hopes that we find his website 'both informative and easy to navigate'. Unfortunately the alleged informativeness and ease of navigation doesn't extend to surgery dates,

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment