Thursday 2 February 2012

Not doing something for nobody

I know I have written on the subject of traffic lights as recently as the 19th November 2011 and concluded that we could manage without them. Last night I was driving home around 7.30pm in Lancaster and I was keeping near to the speed limit as there were not that many cars on the road. However I was stopped by a Pelican crossing and nobody was there to cross. I don't blame the pedestrians for crossing or walking away, as long as it was safe to do so, but it did meant that I stopped for nothing.

Zebra crossings are much friendlier crossings. Drivers aren't forced to stop but generally do and it is also much quicker for pedestrians who don't get fed up waiting for the lights to change.

I don't normally use sentences with double negatives but as well as Zebra crossings being friendlier you will never have to stop for nobody at them.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment