Tuesday 5 January 2010

Resources need to improve

Last week I slipped while I was walking the dog. My excuse is that it was icy. Three nights ago my wife slipped on ice, again while walking the dog. The two common themes are dog and ice. Let's blame the dog even though we have never slipped without the link with the ice.

I have read about so many complaints about ungritted roads and the defence from the council rests with the fact that they are fully prepared and are working flat out. It seems so obvious to me. They may be fully prepared and they may be working as hard as they possibly can, but the result is not good enough. Resources need to improve.

In the eighties I managed to get some gritting bins in Great Harwood. It did go in the Focus leaflets. You don't see many bins now. they must not be fashionable but they still might help.

Change the world

P.S. I wrote this a couple of days ago and yesterday I heard on Radio Lancashire that there are still some gritting bins in East Lancashire. Unfortunately they are empty and it is not a priority to refill them as the main roads have to be gritted. What a shame that councils can't get the public to do the work for them because they don't have enough staff. I'll also mention that the roads are getting slippier. Someone saw a lady fall and she looked like she was in her seventies. Now wouldn't it be a good idea to have the funding for the gritting linked to the accidents caused by falls on ice?

No comments:

Post a Comment