Friday 13 November 2009

Negotiations in an ideal world

Last week I took a letter to the Post Office and they told me that there may be a delay. Although it was a little inconvenient I took it from Morecambe to Lancaster myself. Ironically there happened to be no delay with the postal service. However just because there was a possibility of disruption then the Post Office lost my business. I am guessing that a strike before Christmas is now less likely and the Post Office management and unions are working out their differences. Wouldn't it be nice if both sides actually looked at what was best for the business as well as the employees rather than taking one side or the other.

In an ideal world management should be looking after the best interests of the whole business including the staff. In an ideal world there would be no need for unions. What a shame that the world is not ideal.

Change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment