Sunday 30 January 2011

How to be happy

I had a discussion about happiness yesterday and later I read an article on the same subject, so today's blog has to be about happiness. Is it the absence of bad things or is it to do with the presence of good things? Is it related to Beatific Vision or is it caused by social networking? In the words of Ken Dodd happiness is "when I'm in the arms of the one I love" or more simply "happiness is nothing but a frame of mind", but how do you get that frame of mind?

We all want to know the cause of happiness, in particular David Cameron has set aside £2 million for it to be measured in 2012. I am not sure if anyone can pinpoint the cause of their happiness level and David Cameron has said that measuring happiness could be seen as "woolly" and "impractical".

I write this as I watch the lottery draw. I think happiness has very little to do with wealth but it may have a lot more to do with aspiration. Maybe the lottery does us good, it's just that I can't see it. I don't buy into the idea that I would be happy as a millionaire, in fact I think I would make far more enemies than friends if I did win, so I'll just have to be happy writing blogs - that's the key, be happy doing what you do.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment