Friday 25 February 2011

I told you I was ill and changing the world

I paid a visit to Manchester's People's Museum on Sunday. One exhibit asked me to lift the headstone to find out whose inscription I was reading. I did know some of the answers like spike Milligan's "I told you I was ill" but I had forgotten it was in Gaelic. Another inscription belonged to Karl Marx: "workers of all lands unite. The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it".

By coincidence I watched Angels and Demons on the previous day. The Vatican has just been saved by the heroics of Ewan McGregor but Tom Hanks tells the female scientist, Ayelet Zurer to “go back to work – change the world”. Whatever we do we can all play our part. I am pretty sure that Tom Hanks hasn't seen this blog but don't let that stop you doing your bit to...

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment