Tuesday 29 March 2011

Straight talking politicians

I have been gadding about recently. I was watching Mike Harding on Sunday and last week I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. There was a quote in the programme from the author Douglas Adams who said 'A learning experience is one of those things that say "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that"'.

Do you call a spade a spade? It sounds like a good idea because you often hear politicians answer a question which has not been asked. They make up their own answers if they don't like the question. No spades there, however there are plenty of examples when it is better to keep quiet. The trouble for politicians is that they are often asked their opinion and an honest answer may be confrontational.

There is another quote from the show by a character called Zaphod Beeblebrox. "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer." Now wouldn't that be nice to hear from a politician? I won't hold my breath.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment