Monday 8 June 2009

European elections

35% of the votes are now in for the European elections. The BNP has won one seat and may win one in the North West. I want to stay up to wait for this result but I am too tired and downhearted.

One commentator says how sad it is to have a BNP MEP. How do we deal with them? One person said to me today that she saw my leaflet but didn't vote because she didn't know anything about politics. I hope that a lot of the people who voted for the BNP don't know much about politics. I hope they are not knowledgeable racists.

Does this mean that I should no longer advocate proportional representation? No. If people do want to vote BNP then they have a right to have their views represented whatever I may think of these views.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment