Thursday 9 September 2010

Who will read this?

My letter was published in the Morecambe Visitor yesterday. What was particularly interesting for me was that I gave a reference in the letter to this daily political blog. I'll make sure I check the stats to see if it made a difference.

Anonymous wrote recently to criticise the number of followers to the blog. I don't know his or her motive in doing so but I would be happy to have one person read it. In fact it is a record of my daily thoughts that I can look back on myself. Letters are generally read by one person, but a few dozen people tend to read this blog on a daily basis so I am very pleased. These numbers doubled when I wrote about Cyril Smith on Saturday so it just shows how popular he was.

Another thing that struck me when I read my letter was how newspapers will have to adapt with technology. Should they mention that people write blogs? I don't think they have much choice but at least local papers have the advantage over the nationals in that local news is harder to find on the internet or television.

Change the world

No comments:

Post a Comment